The queen marks 70 years on the throne in 2022 with events throughout the year and a centerpiece four-day weekend from June 2 to June 5.
However, the Duke of York’s New York lawsuit had been on a potential collision course with the celebrations since accuser Virginia Giuffre’s attorney David Boies said in September it would likely come to trial in the middle of the year.
A schedule has now been prepared in the case which gives Prince Andrew until next July 14 to be available to answer questions under oath with a pre-trial order due two weeks later.
The timetable means the queen’s Trooping the Colour birthday celebration, a live concert at Buckingham Palace and the Platinum Jubilee pageant will likely all be out of the way by the time the trial starts, if it comes to court.
Prince Andrew has until the end of this week to formally respond to Giuffre’s allegations.
Giuffre has accused the duke of sexual assault and battery and intentionally inflicting emotional distress.
She said she was sexually abused by the prince in London, New York and the U.S. Virgin Islands in the early 2000s.
According to court documents, she said she was trafficked by the late financier and registered sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein, and his former lover Ghislaine Maxwell.
A court filing by her lawyers reads: “On one occasion, Prince Andrew sexually abused [Giuffre] in London at Maxwell’s home.
“During this encounter, Epstein, Maxwell, and Prince Andrew forced [Giuffre], a child, to have sexual intercourse with Prince Andrew against her will.
“On another occasion, Prince Andrew sexually abused [Giuffre] in Epstein’s New
York mansion in this District.
“During this encounter, Maxwell forced [Giuffre], a child, and another victim to sit on Prince Andrew’s lap as Prince Andrew touched her.
“During his visit to New York, Prince Andrew forced [Giuffre] to engage in sex acts against her will.
“On another occasion, Prince Andrew sexually abused [Giuffre] on Epstein’s private island in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Little St. James.”
The prince has denied the allegations, including during an interview with BBC Newsnight in November 2019.
He said: “I can tell you categorically I don’t remember meeting her at all. I do not remember a photograph being taken and I’ve said consistently and frequently that we never had any sort of sexual contact whatever.”