If you fancy yourself as a big cheese in the world of apps, then this might be the perfect role for you.
You could carve yourself a slice of success in the jobs market and be Edam sure you’d stand out against everyone else.
That’s because someone is looking for a Head of Cheese. And, yes, it is a real job.
For fromage fanatics, it would be a ‘grate’ opportunity and really doesn’t get any feta than this!
As the job advert says: “Cheezus is looking for a Head of Cheese, and if that isn’t the greatest job title one could wish for, I don’t know what is?!”
Cheezus describes itself as a “very early start-up app” with product leader Ross Jones explaining: “Cheezus aims to be truly the Vivino of Cheese. Our application aims to help consumers learn about the cheese they love, find cheeses that they might like, learn what pairs perfectly with them, and where to buy such things.
“At the same time, we know that the cheese industry has been through a period of adjustment these last 18months, with a global pandemic changing the way they reach customers and we want to help with that. Creating a unique opportunity for cheese producers, suppliers and artisan producers of cheese pairing products, Cheezus aims to create a valuable customer channel for you!
“We have our app in both app stores at present and are in a period of significant growth, with improvements being added to our core product offering and a realignment of all our efforts and value creation.”
And as for the new job role, Cheezus explains it needs someone who has a significant presence and network in the cheese industry. The successful candidate would be responsible for ensuring food and drink pairing options are up to date and work with shops and producers to make sure all information on the app is accurate.
You will be responsible for:
- Recommending new pairings for cheese within the app.
- Onboarding of artisan producers of pairings.
- Relationship management of cheese producers for accurate data
- Recommending new cheese producers to onboard and work with
- Provide industry insight to the Product team to help steer product direction
- Provide insight into which cheeses are similar and how to breakdown cheese data
- Be a core founding member of Cheezus and ambassador for the brand
You will likely be:
- Someone with significant experience in the cheese industry (a must)
- Someone with a large network of cheesy folk
- A massive cheese lover
- Passionate about creating value for both cheese lovers and cheese producers alike
- A bit of awesome
Ross goes on to say: “As Cheezus is currently pre-revenue, this role is a part-time position that would suit someone who works in the cheese industry, who really values the industry and would like to be a part of something currently part time and utilise their existing experience to help create more value in the space.
“This is currently a sweat/equity position, that offers generous share options in Cheezus. Be a part of something really game changing for the cheese industry at the most exciting time.”
You can find out more via the Head of Cheese job advert on LinkedIn here