Stabbing suspect still in hospital four days after police stand-off

A stabbing suspect remains in hospital four days after a dramatic stand-off with armed police.

The man, aged 49, was taken to hospital after the incident in Erdington on Tuesday, August 24 which saw him Tasered by cops.

Worried residents were ordered to ‘stay inside’ by firearms officers, who swarmed Hillaries Road, at lunchtime.

READ MORE: Recap: ‘Armed police incident’ sees Erdington road cordoned off

Officers were pictured training their weapons on a property, said by locals to be a house of multiple occupancy (HMO).

Hours later, a man was taken to hospital after being Tasered.

West Midlands Police today, August 28, confirmed the man was still in hospital and would be taken straight into custody on discharge.

Emergency services at the scene on Hillaries Road

The force previously confirmed the man had been linked to a stabbing in Kingstanding last weekend.

The attack left one victim, a man in his 70s, with serious injuries and requiring urgent trauma care.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called to reports of a stabbing in Cooksey Lane, Kingstanding, at 4.43pm on Sunday.

READ MORE:Man Tasered and arrested after stand-off with armed police in Erdington

“An ambulance, paramedic officer and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Cosford with a MERIT trauma doctor and critical care paramedic on board attended the scene.

“Crews treated one man who had sustained serious injuries which required trauma care on scene.

“The man was conveyed by land ambulance on blue lights to hospital for further care.”

Stabbing suspect still in hospital four days after police stand-off
Armed police on Hillaries Road

Two days after the stabbing, police turned up on Hillaries Road to arrest the suspect – sparking the dramatic stand-off.

A force negotiator was drafted in to encourage the man out peacefully.

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman said on Tuesday: “A man has been arrested following a stand-off at a property in Hillaries Road, Erdington this afternoon.

“The road was closed as firearms officers secured the scene and a force negotiator encouraged the man to come out peacefully.

“He was arrested at 3.30pm after a Taser was deployed and is being taken to hospital for minor injuries sustained during his arrest.

“The 49-year-old has been detained in connection with an attack on a man in Cooksey Lane, Kingstanding.”

Stay abreast with the very latest from the area with our Sutton Coldfield News Email Updates.

Most Related Links :
todayuknews Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button