Us-news

Mum’s terror as she watched son, 2, ‘change colour’ while choking on chicken

A mum has shared the “terrifying” moment she watched her toddler change colour as he choked on a piece of chicken from Morrisons.

Steph Lunt’s son Larry was chewing away on the piece of meat when suddenly she “noticed something wasn’t right”.

The 29-year-old sprung into action and managed to dislodge the chicken from the two-year-old’s throat – but says she suspects there had been a bone in it.

Morrison’s have since launched an investigation.

The mum-of-three, from St Helens, told the Liverpool Echo : “It was terrifying. We were all sitting eating our food last night and I noticed something wasn’t right with Larry.

“I put my food down and went to see what was up and then I realised that he was choking. I knew I had cut his food up small, so I didn’t know what he could be choking on.

Larry’s mum tells how he joked on the chicken

“He was going a funny colour and he couldn’t speak or anything. I started panicking as I was on my own with Larry and my two other children. The time just seemed so much longer.

“When your child is choking, seconds feel like hours. You have visions of horrible things.”

After contacting Morrisons the next day, Steph said she was disappointed by the supermarket’s response after she lived through one of her “worst fears”.

Mum's terror as she watched son, 2, 'change colour' while choking on chicken

Whoever said parenting was easy was obviously lying. It can be such hard work! Luckily we now have a Facebook group for Scottish mums and dads to share their woes, worries and winning advice.

Whether you’re a new parent looking for answers or simply want to let off steam about the price of school uniforms today, our Scottish Mums and Dads Facebook group is just the place. You can join here.

We also have a weekly Record Parenting newsletter filled with the latest news affecting mums and dads across Scotland as well as helpful tips. You can sign up here.

She said: “They basically said there is nothing we can do, all we can do is apologise and asked if I want a £10 voucher?

“What’s that going to do? I don’t want a shopping voucher.

“Choking is one of my worst fears. It’s just scary thinking what could have happened to him.”

A spokesperson for Morrisons confirmed they are currently investigating the incident.

They told the Daily Star: “This was clearly a terrifying experience for the customer and we’re sorry that she was disappointed with the service she received when she called Morrisons.

“We take all reports of a foreign body incredibly seriously and have since carried out a thorough investigation with our supplier.”

Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here.



Most Related Links :
todayuknews Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button
Native News Post