McDonald’s Monopoly is back and the race is on to find the rarest pieces.
The promotion at McDonald’s was initially planned to return in March 2021. But it had to be postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions and closures. Over 200 million Monopoly game stickers had already been printed and dated.
The fast-food chain has now repurposed the packaging with these outdated game pieces to ensure the promotion could return for customers as soon as it was safe to do so in August 2021.
Participation was re-scheduled to take place from August 25 2021 to October 5 2021 (inclusive) at participating McDonald’s restaurants in the UK (including Northern Ireland but not the Republic of Ireland), Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
There has been huge interest in the rarest and most valuable stickers.
McDonald’s Monopoly rare pieces
Prizes range from food to big cash prizes and holidays.
The aim is to collect stickers from selected menu items, with three ways to win.
- Instant Win means you can collect a prize such as food or a discount voucher at the counter immediately – or before the expiry date
- Collect To Win means you collect property stickers and if you get a full set, you win a prize. This could include a hot tub, holiday, new phone or £100,000
- Online Game means everyone gets a code to enter a prize draw. You enter the code at the McDonald’s Monopoly website for the chance to win a cash prize from £5 to £100 or a non-cash prize such as a voucher or gym pass
Here are the stickers to look out for:
Dark blue: Mayfair – £100,000 cash (four available)
Green: Bond Street – Ibiza villa or UK getaway (30 available)
Red: Strand – Lay-Z-Spa hot tub (175 available)
Yellow: Coventry Street – £1,000 to spend on home entertainment with ao (100 available)
Train stations: Liverpool St Station – phone of your choice with a one-year Sky Mobile contract (750 available)
Orange: Marlborough Street – £599 shopping spree with Missguided (700 available)
Hot pink: Northumberland Avenue – relaxing or adventurous experience with Buyagift (5,800 available)
Light blue: Euston Road – £100 JD Sports voucher (1,500 available)
Brown: Old Kent Road – free McDonald’s medium Extra Value Meal or Big Flavour Wraps meal (2,000,000 available)
Which McDonald’s menu items have stickers on them?
You don’t get a promotional Monopoly sticker with all meals at McDonald’s.
Meals such as Big Mac and nuggets don’t have any stickers. And that’s a deliberate move to promote healthy eating, in case customers go crazy with buying fast food in the hope of finding a winner.
Fries have been reduced to two stickers since the last McDonalds monopoly in 2019.
The following items at McDonald’s have three stickers on them:
- Chicken and Bacon Salad
- Chicken Salad, Chicken Selects
- Chicken BBQ Smokehouse
- Big Tasty, Chicken Legend
- Any Big Flavour Wrap
- Medium or Large Soft Drink
- Any Item From the McCafe Iced Range.
The West Midlands is opening up – get the latest on pubs, restaurants and attractions in our What’s On newsletter.