McDonald’s customers have been confused after they spotted expired codes on their Monopoly stickers.
The restaurant has recently released its Monopoly stickers to customers meaning they have the chance to win free food and prizes.
However, customers have gone to social media to talk about how their expiration dates on the stickers are wrong.
Stickers show a “play until” date of May 4 causing some people wonder if they are still in date, and went to complain.
James Bourne said: “So when putting the codes in McDonalds are we also meant to buy a time machine?”
Another said: “Bought a Maccies today but the VIP stickers expired months ago what’s that about.”
Hannah Law said: “Am I being dumb or has McDonald’s legit just played me… ordered breakfast this morning and the monopoly just started today. I’m thinking cool free stuff I look at the expiry date on the stickers 2 are already out of date and one goes out on Monday!”
Another fan tweeted: “How can my McDonald’s monopoly sticker be expired May 2021 when it only just started back today.”
However, the Sun reports that the stickers will actually be valid until October 5.
The following new expiry dates also apply:
- Collect to win non food prizes: old date June 4, 2021, new date November 11, 2021
- Collect to win food prizes: old date May 18, 2021, new date October 19, 2021
- Instant win non-food prize or discount: old date June 4, 2021, new date November 5, 2021
- Instant win food or Just Eat vouchers: old date May 18, 2021, new date October 19, 2021
- Instant win discount voucher (excluding Just Eat) old date, August 31, 2021 or earlier, new date January 31, 2022
- Online game: old date May, 5, 2021, new date October 15, 2021
A McDonald’s spokeswoman said: “Packaging and Game Pieces printed prior to rescheduling couldn’t be securely reprinted in time, so new dates apply – consumers must see mcdonalds.co.uk/monopoly/news or ask in restaurants to find details of all rescheduled enter-from/until dates and claim or redeem prizes-by dates.”
The West Midlands is opening up – get the latest on pubs, restaurants and attractions in our What’s On newsletter.