‘Loving’ dad dies after being force fed kebab as he slept on train

Heartfelt tributes have been paid to a ‘loving’ dad after he tragically died when two siblings force fed him a kebab as he slept on a train.

David Clark had a piece of chicken the size of a golf ball put down his throat by brother and sister David Noble and Nicole Cavin who were today found guilty of manslaughter.

Lancashire Live reports that 56-year-old David had fallen asleep on a train from Lancaster to Barrow when the fast food incident happened.

After the kebab was forced into his mouth, he woke up and was sick but collapsed as he tried to stand up.

He died in hospital the next day.

David’s devastated family have now issued a statement and picture in tribute following the convictions today.

It read: “David was a loving husband, father, brother and friend and a popular character in the local community. His death has left a large void in our lives.

“We would like to ask that our family’s privacy be respected at this time and for us to be allowed to come to terms with today’s verdict and to grieve and remember a much loved husband, father and brother in private.”

The siblings both knew David and had been returning from separate holiday trips when they ended up sitting together on the train.

David and his friend then boarded the same train in Lancaster, Preston’s Nightingale Court at Preston North End football heard.

During the two week trial the court heard the defendants had been on a day trip to Blackpool and had changed trains at Preston to return to their hometown, Grange Over Sands.

The siblings had been drinking in the resort and bought more alcohol and kebabs before boarding the Barrow train.

David and his friend Jon Waite had spent the day in Lancaster watching the Lancaster FC v Farsley Celtic match and had up to 15 pints each over the course of the day when they boarded the train.

The pair joined the brother and sister and also Cavin’s boyfriend at a table and began joking about.

Witnesses reported seeing the kebab put into the sleeping David’s mouth.

He woke up, was sick and collapsed as he tried to stand.

Passengers on the train attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver but were unable to dislodge the chicken which was stuck in Mr Clark’s throat.

One passenger relayed messages from the 999 operator to Cavin, 24, who was employed as a carer at the time of the incident, who tried in vain to help Mr Clark.

When paramedics arrived they removed more food from the victim’s throat before he was rushed to hospital where he died the following day.

Cavin, of Market Street, Grange, and Noble, of Main Street, Grange, will be sentenced at a later date.

Investigating officer DS Gemma Jones said: “This is an incredibly tragic case and we send our heartfelt sympathies to the family of the victim David Clark.

“We are pleased that the case has finally been brought to a conclusion.”

Detective chief inspector Steve May added: “This was an unusual and highly complex legal case and I commend the courage of those witnesses who came forward and provided statements and those who attended court to give evidence.

“The dignity and composure of Mr Clarks’ family has been exemplary throughout and I hope that they can take some comfort in the knowledge that justice has been done.

“Our investigative team deserve mention for their consistent and thorough work to see this case brought to its conclusion.”

Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond – Sign up to our daily newsletter here.

Most Related Links :
todayuknews Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button