Uk-news

Frightening pics of fire ravaged home show dangers of sleeping with doors open

The fire service have release some worrying images of a charred bungalow following a house fire in Norfolk and they want to educate people about the dangers of leaving bedroom doors open at night

The service release the images to show the dangers of not sleeping with doors closed

The fire service have sent out some alarming photos to demonstrate the dangers of sleeping with doors open.

Firefighters were recently called out to a bungalow fire in Norfolk and now want to alert people to risks they may not be aware of.

They arrived to see the doors were closed as the smoke alarm was going off, report NorfolkLive.

The charred home was heartbreakingly destroyed – but everyone inside got our safely.

The service tweeted the frightening photos to try and help save lives and educate people about the fire risk. Captioning the snaps, they outlined exactly why closed doors means your chances of getting out alive are much greater.



They attended a house fire in Norfolk recently
(

Image:

Norfolk Fire and Rescue)






Everyone got out alive because doors inside were shut and contained the flames
(

Image:

Norfolk Fire and Rescue)




They wrote: “Keeping doors closed provides vital time to escape & reduces damage. Shutting internal doors in your home at bedtime is a good idea.

“In this bungalow fire, the doors were closed & the smoke alarm went off, so everyone got out safely.”









The fire brigade have plenty of advice on their website that can help prepare anyone for a fire emergency.

This includes being electrically safe, testing smoke alarms to make sure they work and never ignore a beeping alarm if it goes off.

Essex County Fire and Rescue Service have also been sharing some important safety advice to keep residents safe over Halloween.








The Mirror’s newsletter brings you the latest news, exciting showbiz and TV stories, sport updates and essential political information.

The newsletter is emailed out first thing every morning, at 12noon and every evening.

Never miss a moment by signing up to our newsletter here.




The Service warn that fancy dress costumes can be highly flammable and after a number of call outs in recent years he urged everyone to take precautions this weekend.

Head of Prevention Will Newman said: “Whether you’re hosting, heading out or staying in we want everyone to “creep it real” and have a safe and spooktacular time this Halloween.

“Our biggest safety advice is to swap your traditional candles for LED candles, they’re much safer. You can trick or treat yo’ self to some LED candles in most supermarkets, there is plenty of time to swap your candles before Halloween.

“Not only will LED candles reduce the risk of a fire in your home if you’re decorating your house, but they can help to protect children when they are trick or treating and walking past pumpkins and decorations.

“Children’s fancy dress costumes can be highly flammable and as they are classed as toys, they don’t always need to meet the same fire safety guidelines as clothes – please make sure to check the labels inside the costume.

“Over the years, we have seen devastating cases where children have been seriously injured when their costumes have set alight and we want to prevent further incidents.”


Read More





Read More






Most Related Links :
todayuknews Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button
Native News Post