The woman ordered from the branch on Fleetwood Road North in Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire, and was half way through eating when she says she found the objects baked into the cheese
Image: MEN Media)
A Domino’s customer was horrified to discover nuts and bolts in among the toppings of her pizza.
The woman ordered from the branch on Fleetwood Road North in Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire and was half way through eating when she found the objects baked into the cheese, Lancashire Live reports.
She ordered the pizza on Thursday July 29 and after contacting the branch, they refunded the pizza the following Monday – but photos have since emerged online of the pizza in question.
The accompanying post tagged local media and a food safety agency and included: “PLEASE PLEASE double check your pizzas before eating I’d hate if I or anyone ingested these!!
“Be careful when ordering from Domino’s Pizza at the Thornton-Cleveleys branch on Fleetwood Rd North.
“Serious choking hazard and health and safety issue here sort yourselfs Domino’s Pizza. Please please share, I’d hate if this was a more serious matter for someone else. (sic)”
Domino’s Pizza has since responded apologising for the incident and saying that it had spoken to the store to prevent this from happening again in the future.
Sign up for our daily newsletter to keep up to date with all the essential information at www.mirror.co.uk/email
A statement from the pizza giant, said: “At Domino’s we take customer satisfaction and safety extremely seriously – contamination of this nature is extremely rare.
“As soon as we received Ms. Barton’s complaint in July we apologised for the distress caused and thoroughly investigated at a store level. We swiftly offered Ms. Barton a full refund which she accepted at the time.
“We have reminded our store team of the correct process to avoid any future issues of this nature.”
The Mirror has contacted Domino’s for further comment.