FORMER President Donald Trump will provide “alternative” commentary for Saturday night’s fight between Evander Holyfield and MMA legend Vitor Belfort.
Trump will be joined by his son, Don Jr., in providing commentary on a “gamecast” of the event, organizers Triller told ESPN.
Saturday’s card was originally meant to take place at Staples Center in Los Angeles, with 48-year-old Oscar De La Hoya returning to the ring to face Belfort in the main event.
But De La Hoya was recently hospitalized with COVID-19, and the event was moved cross-country to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, in Hollywood, Florida.
Holyfield, 58, stepped in last minute to replace De La Hoya in the main event.
Trump, who is close to Holyfield, confirmed his attendance in a release.
He said: “I love great fighters and great fights.
“I look forward to seeing both this Saturday night and sharing my thoughts ringside. You won’t want to miss this special event.”
There will be other feeds available for those who do not wish to hear the Trumps’ thoughts on the card.
According to Triller, which is overseeing the event, the Trumps will call the entire four-fight telecast, which will also include Anderson Silva-Tito Ortiz and David Haye-Joe Fournier.
Triller has hosted a number of celebrity commentators at its fights before.
Snoop Dogg provided color in calling November’s fight between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr., and comedian Pete Davidson was part of April’s fight between Jake Paul and Ben Askren.
Trump is not stranger to the fight game, having hosted a number of events at his Atlantic City casino in the 1980s and 90s.
Viewers will reportedly have the option to purchase either the main telecast or the Trump “gamecast” for $49.99.
Trump previously attended UFC 264 in July, but although the former president’s appearance was promoted by Dana White, Trump was not shown on the broadcast.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?