Lord Sebastian Coe, British politician, president of World Athletics and former double Olympic champion joins WSO2 Founder and CEO, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana as a keynote speaker.
WSO2, the leader in digital transformation technologies, today announced that, following the success of last year’s virtual summit, it will be hosting WSO2 Summit EMEA 2021 to help meet the needs of an ever-evolving digital economy.
Opening WSO2 Summit EMEA on Wednesday, October 13, 2021, Lord Sebastian Coe will deliver a keynote speech on how to lead from the front and create a winning mentality. A politician and former track and field athlete, Coe won four Olympic medals and set 12 records in middle-distance track events. Following this, he headed the successful London bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympics and became chair of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games. In 2015, he was elected president of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), now World Athletics. Lord Coe sits as a life peer in the House of Lords and was formerly Member of Parliament for Falmouth and Calbourne.
Alongside Lord Coe, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO, and Ricardo Diniz, WSO2 vice president and general manager of UK and Southern Europe, will also deliver keynote presentations. With a packed roster of speakers, other notable individuals include Katherine Holden, head of data analytics, AI, and digital ID at techUK, who will host a fireside chat on “Challenges of Digital Innovation”.
Building on the success of last year’s event, this virtual summit explores everything from digital innovation, API integration, and future-ready banking to interoperability and privacy of data across different sectors. Business and customer-focused tracks include:
- Charles Baird, data architect from the Data Standards Authority, Central Digital and Data Office who will be talking about the UK Government’s API-first approach to improve data exchange and drive interoperability
- Yana Kraskovska, business development manager, Priorbank JSC, will present on digital transformation and streamlining bank infrastructure through the use of APIs.
- Chinthaka Lakmal Godahena, senior manager of digital channels from Etisalat, will discuss effective customer engagement and loyalty using APIs and identity management.
WSO2 Summit EMEA 2021 consists of 12 sessions with four virtual stages and a host of industry experts, who will explore the market from a variety of different perspectives alongside the WSO2 team.
Delegates attending the summit will learn from experts in the industry and:
- Hear transformation success stories from some of the world’s leading brands.
- Engage and network with like-minded counterparts and industry experts.
- Learn from WSO2 integration and IAM experts and partners on how cloud-native architecture styles complement delivering digital experiences.
- Gain fresh business and technical insights into integrated APIs.
Event details summary:
WSO2 Summit EMEA: Wednesday, October 13, 2021
The event sessions will be held 9.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. (BST).
Event website and registration for WSO2 Summit EMEA: https://wso2.com/summit-2021/emea/