Facebook is the largest social network in the world, with over 2.5 billion users. LinkedIn, on the other hand, is smaller, with over 500 million members. Which social network would be better for a small business looking to connect with customers?
This article explores how each social media platform compares its features for small businesses so people can choose which one is best for their companies. Small Business owners often have questions in their minds like:
- What is better for business, Facebook, or LinkedIn?
- Should you use Facebook for business with LinkedIn?
- How does LinkedIn compare to Facebook?
- What are the pros and cons of LinkedIn and Facebook?
- Is it important to download VPN for Chrome?
Stay tuned to get all the answers.
LinkedIn VS Facebook: Which is Better for Business?
LinkedIn and Facebook are two social networks people use to connect with friends, family, and business contacts. LinkedIn is more business-focused, whereas Facebook is more personal.
LinkedIn provides the tools needed to create a professional profile, find jobs, network with professionals in your field, and much more. They offer thousands of companies to view job listings and search for potential employees. On the other hand, Facebook is more for connecting with friends and family outside of work.
It depends on business to business to decide which one is good for them. If people’s business is more about physical products like online shops or drop shipping stores, they probably should go with Facebook as huge audiences are browsing such products all the time.
However, if their business is more about service-related companies, LinkedIn will be a more suitable option.
In the end, whatever business people are running, it is always best practice to make their presence on all social media platforms like Facebook LinkedIn to grab more customers. It does not make sense to stay only on one platform. However, it does matter to focus more on either Facebook or LinkedIn that suits their business more.
Advantages & Disadvantages of LinkedIn and Facebook:
LinkedIn is a networking site that was designed for professional use. If users are not sure how to put it to use, there are many ways that LinkedIn can be helpful for business owners and their workforce.
Since its inception, LinkedIn has always been a go-to platform for professionals looking to network and find jobs. This can be beneficial to employers and employees, as the site usually provides innovative and up-to-date information about the current industry and market trends.
People can share job openings, use showcase pages, increase searchability by optimizing the profile, and create more opportunities for them and others. LinkedIn is also an excellent platform for business lead generation.
As more and more people use social media to communicate, Facebook has grown significantly in the last few years. This is great for companies that want to connect with customers.
The world’s largest social media platform has proven to be a valuable tool for advertising products and services, generating leads, sending out promotions, capturing feedback, managing customer service inquiries, and for general branding purposes. Facebook offers an array of business opportunities to get creative with marketing strategies.
The disadvantage of LinkedIn & Facebook:
There is as such no disadvantage for businesses to promote their products and services. The only potential drawback is that some of the latest and valuable tools for businesses are only available to few countries. So, it means every business can’t use them.
However, we care for people, and that’s why we come with a solution. People can use a VPN for google chrome. To use VeePN, people can download here.
Social Media Marketing Strategy for Businesses:
It has become increasingly difficult for businesses to stand out in the social media landscape. Nowadays, it’s not just about company updates or product promotions. Social media is now seen as an integral part of any business strategy.
For this reason, small- to medium-sized businesses should take it upon themselves to develop a social media marketing strategy that will cater to their needs and help them achieve their goals.
Here are some of the key points to both Facebook and LinkedIn SMM strategies.
LinkedIn Marketing Strategy:
- Analyze Competition: Do owners know how their competitors are doing on LinkedIn? If not, the first step is to ensure they know who they are and what they are doing. Once they have this information, the next step is to analyze their activity. This will allow them to see what kind of content resonates with them and what doesn’t.
- Build Company Page: LinkedIn provides a fantastic platform for your company to connect with potential customers and clients. A company page on LinkedIn allows owners to post information about their business, display their staff profile pages (if they are registered), post job openings, and more. Building a company page on LinkedIn leads to increased customer engagement, brand awareness, and leads generation.
- Use Relevant Keywords: The key to successful LinkedIn marketing is using relevant keywords. This will make your profile more accessible to prospective customers and helps you stay at the top of search results pages.
- Fill Out All Fields: By filling out all of the fields in a profile, a business will increase its visibility on the site and raise the chances of gaining followers. Consumers are likely to visit a website or company page if they see your profile and have accurate information posted.
- Post Engaging Content Often: People can make their posts more engaging by posting consistently on LinkedIn. Posting articles related to their company is one of the best ways to keep up with engagement with their followers.
Facebook Marketing Strategy:
- Post With Intent: Facebook is the perfect advertising platform for businesses, but common misconceptions hinder many. Many business owners think that they cannot post about their products on Facebook, but it actually works great! Post with intent means that “Do not just post anything you want!” Only valuable content followed by a call to action should be included.
- Post Calendar Content: A content calendar is crucial because it sets goals for what will be posted when which can help create clever posts that are timely and effective. A recent study by Hubspot found that 73% of marketers who follow a content calendar believe it allows them to publish quality posts with increased frequency.
- Optimize Profile: The first step to a successful Facebook Marketing Strategy is optimizing the company’s profile page. People can do this by using the following tips:
- Add a company description, mission statement, and tagline to their About section.
- Provide accurate, up-to-date information on their Company Info page.
- Post events, special offers, or other newsworthy items that will be of interest to followers.
- Build Community Page: Companies can create a Facebook community page to establish an online presence and connect with their audience. With the right strategy and content, they may be able to convert some of their followers into customers or loyal fans.
- Facebook Story: Adding stories and posts on a regular basis can help build the company page’s followers, and you’ll also see more interaction with your posts.
LinkedIn Groups VS Facebook Groups:
Building groups is another social media marketing strategy for businesses and individuals. Here is a brief comparison between LinkedIn Groups and Facebook Groups.
- Active Users: It’s no secret that LinkedIn is the go-to social media platform for connecting with professionals in your industry. While Facebook is for every person. However, because of the number of users on Facebook, people may find it difficult to get their voice heard. It is important to weigh your options when deciding how to best use your time and energy when looking for a networking opportunity.
- Group Engagement: Each platform has many advantages; however, many companies find LinkedIn groups more advantageous. LinkedIn groups offer more privacy and control over who is allowed to view posts. This can be beneficial if your company is sharing sensitive information. Facebook is advantageous because it offers a wider reach, allowing a larger audience of potential customers to see your posts.
Facebook and LinkedIn are both some of the best social media platforms right now for businesses. However, it entirely depends on people’s needs and usage to decide which one is the best. If people are running service-related businesses, then LinkedIn is probably the best. However, for physical products, Facebook might have a slight edge.