The Washington Huskies (0-2, 0-0 Pac-12) and the California Golden Bears (0-2, 0-0 Pac-12) meet in matchup between Pac-12 rivals. The Golden Bears (moneyline odds to win) hit the road on September 25, 2021 at 9:30 PM ET against the Huskies ( ). A point total of points has been set for the matchup.
In this article we break down everything you need to know before making a bet on the game, including key metrics, stats, insights, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 20, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Washington Vs. Cal Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Washington Offense Vs. Cal Defense
|Huskies Offense||Stats (Rank)||Golden Bears Defense|
|8.5 (129)||Points/Gm||28.0 (91)|
|317.0 (108)||Yards/Gm||435.5 (109)|
|259.5 (41)||Pass Yards/Gm||273.0 (108)|
|57.5 (126)||Rush Yards/Gm||162.5 (88)|
|6.3 (93)||Yards/Pass||7.8 (94)|
|1.9 (127)||Yards/Rush||4.3 (84)|
|35.5% (83)||3rd Down %||47.1% (106)|
|3 (79)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|3 (83)||Sacks||2 (58)|
Cal Offense Vs. Washington Defense
|Cal Offense||Stats (Rank)||Washington Defense|
|24.5 (95)||Points/Gm||22.0 (62)|
|386.0 (72)||Yards/Gm||309.5 (56)|
|243.0 (55)||Pass Yards/Gm||74.5 (3)|
|143.0 (80)||Rush Yards/Gm||235.0 (121)|
|7.5 (68)||Yards/Pass||3.9 (3)|
|5.3 (27)||Yards/Rush||5.2 (109)|
|42.3% (57)||3rd Down %||32.1% (46)|
|1 (20)||Turnovers||0 (113)|
|2 (51)||Sacks||1 (86)|
When Washington Has The Ball
- The Golden Bears’ defense gives up 273.0 yards through the air per game (108th in the FBS). The Huskies’ 259.5 passing yards per game is 41st in college football.
- Washington ranks 127th in the FBS averaging 1.9 yards per carry. Cal gives up 4.3 per rushing attempt (84th in college football).
- The Huskies have the 126th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (57.5 yards per game). They face the Golden Bears’ 88th-ranked rushing defense, which gives up 162.5 on the ground per game.
- Cal has the 91st-ranked scoring defense (28.0 points per game). Washington’s 129th-ranked scoring offense averages 8.5 points per game.
When Cal Has The Ball
- The Golden Bears offense is 20th-ranked in college football in terms of turnovers allowed (1), and are facing the 113th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Huskies (0).
- Washington allows 5.2 yards per rushing attempt (109th in the FBS). Cal is 27th in rushing, averaging 5.3 per carry.
- The Huskies’ defense gives up 3.9 yards per pass attempt (third in the FBS). The Golden Bears’ offense averages 7.5 yards per pass (68th in college football).
- Cal averages 243.0 passing yards per game (55th in the FBS). It will be facing the Huskies’ defense which ranks third, giving up 74.5 yards per game through the air.
Washington Betting Trends And Insights
- The Huskies have not played as the moneyline favorite yet this season.
Cal Betting Trends And Insights
- Cal has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this year.
- The Golden Bears have covered the spread when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- The Golden Bears lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Washington Players To Watch
- Dylan Morris has thrown for 519 yards while completing 56.6% of his passes (47-of-83), with one touchdown and three interceptions this year (259.5 yards per game).
- Richard Newton has churned out a team-best 86 rushing yards (43.0 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- So far this year Cameron Davis has run for 30 yards on 13 carries (15.0 ypg).
- This season Taj Davis has 12 catches and leads the team with 137 yards (68.5 per game).
- Cade Otton has hauled in 11 catches for 115 yards (57.5 yards per game).
- Terrell Bynum has caught five passes for 115 yards and one touchdown, averaging 115.0 yards per game this year.
Cal Players To Watch
- Chase Garbers leads his team with 486 passing yards (243.0 per game) and has a 63.1% completion percentage (41-of-65), throwing three touchdown passes and one interception. He also has 38 rushing yards on 13 carries, averaging 19.0 yards per game.
- Damien Moore has picked up a team-high 150 rushing yards (75.0 yards per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- DeCarlos Brooks has run for 47 yards on three carries (23.5 yards per game) this year.
- This season Trevon Clark has six receptions for a team-high 157 receiving yards (78.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jeremiah Hunter’s stat line this year shows four catches for 83 yards. He puts up 41.5 receiving yards per game.
- This season Kekoa Crawford has caught three passes for 82 yards, averaging 41.0 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from