The Indiana Hoosiers (1-2) hit the field against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-1) at Houchens Industries–L.T. Smith Stadium in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The Hoosiers () kick things off on September 25, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET on CBS Sports against the Hilltoppers ( on the moneyline to win). Sportsbooks have set the game’s total at .
In this article we break down everything you need to know before making a bet on the game, including key metrics, stats, insights, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 22, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Indiana Vs. Western Kentucky Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Indiana Offense Vs. Western Kentucky Defense
|Hoosiers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hilltoppers Defense|
|28.7 (74)||Points/Gm||29.5 (102)|
|315.7 (113)||Yards/Gm||406.0 (91)|
|179.7 (103)||Pass Yards/Gm||136.0 (13)|
|136.0 (84)||Rush Yards/Gm||270.0 (128)|
|5.8 (112)||Yards/Pass||5.6 (22)|
|3.5 (103)||Yards/Rush||5.3 (113)|
|38.8% (74)||3rd Down %||59.4% (129)|
|7 (122)||Turnovers||2 (94)|
|2 (19)||Sacks||1 (114)|
Western Kentucky Offense Vs. Indiana Defense
|Western Kentucky Offense||Stats (Rank)||Indiana Defense|
|47.0 (3)||Points/Gm||28.7 (92)|
|532.0 (12)||Yards/Gm||297.3 (35)|
|456.5 (1)||Pass Yards/Gm||183.7 (41)|
|75.5 (125)||Rush Yards/Gm||113.7 (49)|
|12.0 (4)||Yards/Pass||5.4 (17)|
|3.4 (104)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (53)|
|68.8% (1)||3rd Down %||27.5% (14)|
|2 (25)||Turnovers||4 (41)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||3 (80)|
When Indiana Has The Ball
- The Hoosiers are 19th-best in college football in sacks conceded (two), and are playing the defense with the 14th-fewest, the Hilltoppers (one).
- Indiana averages 5.8 yards per pass attempt (112th in the FBS) compared to the 5.6 per pass Western Kentucky gives up (22nd in college football).
- The Hoosiers’ 179.7 passing yards per game ranks 103rd in the FBS. The Hilltoppers’ defense gives up 136.0 through the air (13th in college football).
- Western Kentucky gives up third-down conversions on 59.4% of its opponents’ attempts (129th in the FBS). Indiana has a 38.8% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 74th in college football.
When Western Kentucky Has The Ball
- The Hilltoppers have the third-ranked offense in the FBS (47.0 points per game), and will be up against the Hoosiers’ 92nd-ranked defense (28.7 ppg).
- Western Kentucky is No. 1 in college football in sacks conceded (zero), up against the pass rush ranked 80th, owned by Indiana (three).
- The Hilltoppers have the 125th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (75.5 yards per game). They face the Hoosiers’ 49th-ranked rushing defense, which allows 113.7 on the ground per game.
- Western Kentucky averages 3.4 yards per carry (104th in college football) compared to the 3.6 per rushing attempt Indiana allows (53rd in the FBS).
Indiana Betting Trends And Insights
- Indiana has a record of 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hoosiers have covered the spread when playing as at least 9-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- This season, games featuring Indiana have gone over the point total twice.
- Indiana’s matchups have gone over 63.5 points only once this season (in three outings).
- This is the first time this season the Hoosiers are the moneyline favorite.
Western Kentucky Betting Trends And Insights
- The Hilltoppers lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Indiana Players To Watch
- This season, Michael Penix Jr. has racked up 448 passing yards (149.3 yards per game) while connecting on 42 of 87 passes (48.3% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and six interceptions.
- Stephen Carr has churned out a team-best 227 rushing yards (75.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Tim Baldwin Jr. has run for 67 yards on 23 carries (22.3 ypg).
- D.J. Matthews Jr. has 12 catches and paces his team with 155 receiving yards (51.7 ypg).
- Ty Fryfogle has chipped in with 126 yards (on 11 catches) and one touchdown.
- Peyton Hendershot has 86 receiving yards on nine receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 43.0 yards per game.
Western Kentucky Players To Watch
- Bailey Zappe leads the team with 859 passing yards (429.5 yards per game) and has a 74.7% completion percentage this year (56-of-75) while throwing 10 touchdowns with two interceptions. He also has 31 rushing yards on 10 carries with one touchdown, averaging 15.5 yards per game.
- Kye Robichaux has rushed for a team-leading 44 yards on nine carries (44.0 yards per game).
- Adam Cofield has 42 yards on 13 carries (21.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season Jarreth Sterns has 16 receptions for a team-high 278 receiving yards (139.0 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Mitchell Tinsley’s stat line this year shows 10 catches for 151 yards and two touchdowns. He puts up 75.5 receiving yards per game.
- Craig Burt Jr. has collected 116 yards on four receptions with one touchdown, averaging 58.0 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from