The Auburn Tigers (0-0) take the field against the Akron Zips (0-0) in college football play at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama. The Tigers () and the Zips ( to win on the moneyline) kick off the action on September 4, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The contest’s point total is currently listed at .
Take a look at this article before you place a bet on this game for updated odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from team and player stats to key metrics, betting insights and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Auburn Vs. Akron Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Auburn Offense Vs. Akron Defense (2020)
|Auburn Offense||Stats (Rank)||Akron Defense|
|25.1 (88)||Points/Gm||41.3 (123)|
|382.8 (77)||Yards/Gm||459.8 (110)|
|220.3 (71)||Pass Yards/Gm||211.7 (38)|
|162.5 (67)||Rush Yards/Gm||248.2 (120)|
|6.7 (88)||Yards/Pass||10.0 (127)|
|4.6 (47)||Yards/Rush||6.3 (123)|
|44.9% (32)||3rd Down %||53.4% (125)|
|9 (27)||Turnovers||6 (110)|
|21 (75)||Sacks||9 (108)|
Akron Offense Vs. Auburn Defense (2020)
|Akron Offense||Stats (Rank)||Auburn Defense|
|17.2 (120)||Points/Gm||24.7 (38)|
|281.3 (121)||Yards/Gm||406.0 (63)|
|139.7 (119)||Pass Yards/Gm||242.6 (79)|
|141.7 (84)||Rush Yards/Gm||163.4 (62)|
|5.7 (114)||Yards/Pass||7.3 (55)|
|4.0 (77)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (54)|
|32.5% (114)||3rd Down %||50.0% (120)|
|9 (27)||Turnovers||13 (57)|
|26 (99)||Sacks||26 (24)|
When Auburn Has The Ball
- The Zips allowed third-down conversions on 53.4% of their opponents’ attempts last season (125th in FBS). The Tigers had a 44.9% third-down conversion rate (32nd).
- Akron ranked 110th in college football with six turnovers forced last year, while Auburn committed nine (27th).
- The Tigers averaged 4.6 yards per rushing attempt last year (47th in FBS), while the Zips allowed 6.3 (123rd).
- Auburn’s running game ranked 67th in the FBS a season ago (162.5 yards per game). Akron allowed 248.2 rushing yards per game (120th).
When Akron Has The Ball
- The Zips’ offense was 120th in the FBS last season at 17.2 points per game. They will be up against the Tigers’ defense, which gave up 24.7 per game (38th in college football).
- Akron was 99th-ranked in college football in sacks conceded last season (26), and is up against the team that ranked 24th in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, Auburn (26).
- The Tigers’ defense allowed 7.3 yards per pass attempt last season (55th in FBS). The Zips’ offense averaged 5.7 yards per pass (114th).
- Akron was 121st in college football last year, racking up 281.3 yards per game, while Auburn ranked 63rd in yards allowed (406.0).
Auburn Betting Trends And Insights
- Auburn won six games against the spread last season, while failing to cover four times.
- Last season, games featuring Auburn hit the over just twice.
- Auburn and its opponents scored more than 55 points in four of 10 games last season.
- The Tigers were the moneyline favorite seven total times last season. They went 6-1 in those games.
Akron Betting Trends And Insights
- Akron won two games against the spread last season.
- Akron and its opponents combined to go over the point total three out of six times last season.
- Auburn’s games last season featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 55 points four times.
- Last season, the Zips were listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
Auburn Players To Watch
- Bo Nix collected 2,415 passing yards (219.5 yards per game) with a 59.9% completion percentage last year (214-of-357), while throwing 12 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also added 388 rushing yards on 108 carries with seven touchdowns, averaging 35.3 yards per game.
- A season ago, Tank Bigsby churned out 834 rushing yards (83.4 yards per game) and scored five touchdowns.
- Seth Williams reeled in 47 passes for 760 yards last season with four touchdowns. He averaged 69.1 yards per game.
- Anthony Schwartz also contributed with 54 catches for 636 yards and three touchdowns last year. He put up 63.6 receiving yards per game.
- Eli Stove totaled 359 yards on 44 catches with three touchdowns last year, averaging 39.9 yards per game.
Akron Players To Watch
- Last year Zach Gibson racked up 784 passing yards (130.7 yards per game) while going 76-for-132 (57.6% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Teon Dollard took 112 attempts for 666 rushing yards a season ago (111.0 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Jeremiah Knight amassed 194 rushing yards on 39 carries (32.3 yards per game) last season.
- Last season Nate Stewart grabbed 17 passes for 217 yards (36.2 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- George Qualls Jr. also contributed with 12 catches for 160 yards and one touchdown last year. He averaged 32.0 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Tony Grimes Jr. caught 12 passes for 130 yards, averaging 26.0 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from