News

Man found dead by relatives after drinking ‘pints of Jack Daniels and vodka’

A man who drank ‘pints of Jack Daniels and vodka’ while boozing with friends was found dead the next morning.

David Emery, who was known to mates as Cheeky, was tragically found dead at his cousin’s house after a night of drinking with friends.

The 35-year-old, who is said to have had ‘a history of drinking alcohol to excess’ was discovered face down on the floor by heartbroken relatives.

An inquest into his death this week heard that Emery died from ‘acute ethanol toxicity’.

Unemployed David, from Poplar Court, Cross Heath, crashed at his cousin’s house in Knutton, in June 2020 when he passed away.

In a statement, David’s aunt Maureen Millward said: “He drank alcohol everyday and to excess although I’m not sure exactly how much he would drink.

“He was known to take illicit drugs, including cocaine, monkey dust and amphetamine as well as prescription drugs which he would buy off the street.

“On June 26 he went to his cousin’s address along with some friends. I’ve since been told that he was drinking very heavily. He fell asleep downstairs at around midnight and his cousin went to bed. He was found unresponsive by his friends the following morning.”

Staffordshire Police attended the Wilmot Drive property at 10.15am on June 27, according to Stoke-on-Trent Live.

A police officer said: “There was a man face down on the floor who I now know to be David Emery.

“I formed the opinion that he was deceased. While at the address I checked the entire property which was in order throughout. All other rooms were secure showing no signs of suspicious activity or disturbance.”

Did you know you can keep up to date with the latest news by signing up to our daily newsletter?

We send a morning and lunchtime newsletter covering the latest headlines every day.

We also send coronavirus updates at 5pm on weekdays, and a round up of the week’s must-read stories on Sunday afternoons.

Signing up is simple, easy and free.

You can pop your email address into the sign up box above, hit Subscribe and we’ll do the rest.

Alternatively, you can sign up and check out the rest of our newsletters here.

North Staffordshire area coroner Emma Serrano has ruled David’s death was alcohol-related.

She said: “It’s clear to me that he had a history of drinking alcohol to excess. On this occasion he had gone to his cousin’s address and was drinking pints of Jack Daniels and vodka.

“The following morning he was found having passed away and the concentration of alcohol in his blood is associated with levels that are known to cause fatality. I am satisfied that his death was alcohol-related.”



Most Related Links :
todayuknews Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button
Native News Post