Dramatic photos as boat burst into flames and fire crews race to Scots harbour

Dramatic photos have shown the scene at a Scots harbour after a boat burst into flames.

The incident sparked a major emergency response at Girvan Harbour on Wednesday night.

Cops, fire crews and coastguard teams raced to the scene after the fire took hold.

The alarm was raised with coastguard teams at around 11:40pm as firefighters battled to bring the flames under control.

The fire sparked a major response

It’s understood the inferno had broken out in a small boat that was drifting in the harbour.

Photos shared by RNLI Girvan Lifeboat show the vessel floating in the water ablaze as smoke poured from the boat.

Three fire engines were called in to bring the blaze under control but the power of the water hose pushed the boat further away towards other vessels.

It was finally put out when the coastguard team managed to push the boat back towards firefighters using the lifeboats’ water-jet engines.

The scorched boat was pulled from the water to allow fire crews to ensure it had been made safe.

No one was injured in the fire.

A statement on RNLI Girvan Lifeboat Facebook read: “The occupants of the boat were not aboard at the time of the blaze and no injuries were sustained by anyone involved, at the height of the incident 3 fire appliances were in attendance along with multiple units from Police Scotland and Coastguard Rescue Teams, their senior officer and ourselves.

Did you know you can keep up to date with the latest news by signing up to our daily newsletter?

We send a morning and lunchtime newsletter covering the latest headlines every day.

We also send coronavirus updates at 5pm on weekdays, and a round up of the week’s must-read stories on Sunday afternoons.

Signing up is simple, easy and free.

You can pop your email address into the sign up box above, hit Subscribe and we’ll do the rest.

Alternatively, you can sign up and check out the rest of our newsletters here.

“The lifeboat was made ready for the next service call and our crew returned home approximately 2hrs after being paged, the incident is now in the hands of Police Scotland.”

Police Scotland and Scottish Fire and Rescue Service have been contacted for comment.

Most Related Links :
todayuknews Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button