MarketWatch has highlighted these products and services because we think readers will find them useful. We may earn a commission if you buy products through our links, but our recommendations are independent of any compensation that we may receive.
From June 21 – 22, Amazon launched its annual Prime Day sale, where it hawked millions of deals to Prime members. As expected, plenty of consumers bought Amazon’s own devices, including a record-setting number of Fire TVs from brands like Insignia and Toshiba, as well as a ton of back-to-school items, including more than 600,000 backpacks, 1 million laptops, 1 million headphones, 240,000 notebooks, 40,000 calculators and 220,000 Crayola products, Amazon reports in a news release.
But what was the most popular item Amazon sold around the world? That would be the Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote, a streaming media stick with access to 4K Ultra HD, a voice remote that lets you search and launch shows with your voice, and access to more than half a million movies and TV episodes, Amazon reports.
In the U.S., Amazon points out some of the surprising bestsellers outside of its own devices. Here are five:
- Waterpik Electric Water Flosser, an oral irrigator that makes it easy to floss.
- Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, a low-carb, vegan, plant-based protein powder.
- 23andMe Health DNA Test, a personal genetic DNA test that provides health predispositions, carrier status, wellness information and trait reports.
- iRobot Roomba 692 Robot Vacuum, a Wifi-enabled, Alexa-controlled robot vacuum.
- Instant Pot Duo Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Pressure Cooker, which serves as everything from a pressure cooker to a slow cooker to a rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, food warmer and yogurt maker.