Entertainment

Elliott Wright arrives at his Marbella restaurant ripped apart by a huge blaze

Elliott Wright was seen surveying his burned down Marbella restaurant with a demolition team following a recent ‘arson attack’.

The former TOWIE star, 41, is planning to rebuild Olivia’s La Cala in time for summer after the restaurant caught fire earlier this week.

Mark Wright’s cousin told his followers the celebrity hotspot had burnt down in the early hours of Monday morning, which he believes was a targeted attack.

On site: Elliott Wright was seen surveying his burned down Marbella restaurant with a demolition team following a recent ‘arson attack’

Elliot was spotted on site wearing a hard hat and protective goggles as he spoke to a team of workers wearing hi-vis jackets.

The reality personality, who hosted Elliott Wright: Playa in Marbella at the fine dining eatery, even had a go at the demolition himself – before deciding it wasn’t for him.

Before repairs can begin on the restaurant, Elliot and the team were tearing down the areas of the property which had been fire damaged. 

Demolition team: The former TOWIE star, 41, is planning to rebuild Olivia's La Cala in time for summer after the restaurant caught fire earlier this week

Demolition team: The former TOWIE star, 41, is planning to rebuild Olivia’s La Cala in time for summer after the restaurant caught fire earlier this week

Elliot’s crew were seen clearing the rumble with a bulldozer, while a skip was erected outside the building to take the wreckage away. 

Elliott recently thanked fans for sending him ‘thousands’ of supportive messages after his restaurant was ripped apart by a devastating fire. 

The blaze hit Olivia’s restaurant on Spain’s Costa Del Sol at 5.30am on Monday morning, just weeks after the celebrity’s father died from Covid-19 at the age of 66. 

Rebuild: Mark Wright's cousin told his followers the celebrity hotspot had burnt down in the early hours of Monday morning, which he believes was a targeted attack

Rebuild: Mark Wright’s cousin told his followers the celebrity hotspot had burnt down in the early hours of Monday morning, which he believes was a targeted attack

Video taken by Elliott shows the devastated star walk through the restaurant near Marbella as he says ‘someone’s come and took my whole dream away’. 

Spanish police officers have been charged with carrying out a ‘full investigation’ into the cause of the blaze, which the reality star has suggested was an arson attack carried out by a ‘scumbag’.

Speaking to supporters on Instagram later on, Elliot praised the huge response he had received from fans after revealing the shocking news two days ago.

‘I just want to do a little message to everybody that has been in touch with me since yesterday, since I asked for help,’ said the star.

Thank you: Speaking to supporters on Instagram later on, Elliot praised the huge response he had received from fans after revealing the shocking news two days ago

Thank you: Speaking to supporters on Instagram later on, Elliot praised the huge response he had received from fans after revealing the shocking news two days ago

‘Thousands upon thousands of messages, it is overwhelming the support you’ve all given me, I just want to say a massive thank you, it means a lot.’

Elliott however added that he was determined to rebuild the restaurant that had been his family’s ‘dream’ to have.

‘I’ve got a lot more energy today and I’m going to build it and really go for it and everyday is a good day and more of a challenge and I can’t wait. So thank you to everyone who has offered to help, I’ll try and make you proud, thank you very much.’

Spanish police have now opened an investigation into the blaze at Olivia’s La Cala restaurant near Marbella that is reported to have started at the entrance on Monday morning.

Civil Guard spokesman said that there is not yet any evidence to suggest the fire was started deliberately, and the investigation has been ordered purely as a fact-finding mission. 

Three fire engines rushed to the scene along with police and paramedics as fire swept through the eatery, which opened with a glitzy ceremony attended by Elliott’s cousin Mark Wright and wife Michelle Keegan in August 2015.

Hours after the blaze was put out, Elliott recorded a video of himself walking around the restaurant’s shell, before pledging that he would have it reopened by summer. 

Gutted: n a video uploaded online, Elliot walked around his restaurant, which has been completely destroyed by the fire, before pledging that he would have it reopened by summer

Gutted: n a video uploaded online, Elliot walked around his restaurant, which has been completely destroyed by the fire, before pledging that he would have it reopened by summer

'My beautiful restaurant, my dream that I always dreamt of having, that I built six years ago, that was still work in progress, has been completely destroyed, absolutely destroyed,' he said in the video

‘My beautiful restaurant, my dream that I always dreamt of having, that I built six years ago, that was still work in progress, has been completely destroyed, absolutely destroyed,’ he said in the video 

The former reality TV star vowed to rebuild the restaurant, saying: 'All that really matters is that I'm gonna rebuild it, and rise like a phoenix out of the ashes and rebuild my dream because I don't deserve this, my family don't deserve this, my children don't deserve this, it's not fair'

The former reality TV star vowed to rebuild the restaurant, saying: ‘All that really matters is that I’m gonna rebuild it, and rise like a phoenix out of the ashes and rebuild my dream because I don’t deserve this, my family don’t deserve this, my children don’t deserve this, it’s not fair’

‘So probably one of my worst videos I’ve ever made,’ he says. 

‘My beautiful restaurant, my dream that I always dreamt of having, that I built six years ago, that was still work in progress, has been completely destroyed, absolutely destroyed.

‘Devastated. And I can say now that it is arson. Someone’s come and took my whole dream away, for whatever reason I’ll never know, because I don’t have any enemies as far as I’m aware, I didn’t think I did.

‘Whether it’s jealousy or competition, it doesn’t really matter.’

The former reality TV star vowed to rebuild the restaurant, saying: ‘All that really matters is that I’m gonna rebuild it, and rise like a phoenix out of the ashes and rebuild my dream because I don’t deserve this, my family don’t deserve this, my children don’t deserve this, it’s not fair.

The devastating news comes just weeks after Elliott (centre left) lost his father Edward Wright (left), who died at the age of 66 following an eight-week battle with Covid in March

Elliot Wright pictured during his time on The Only Way Is Essex with Chloe Sims. He appeared between 2010 and 2017

The devastating news comes just weeks after Elliott (centre left) lost his father Edward Wright (left), who died at the age of 66 following an eight-week battle with Covid in March. Elliot Wright pictured, right, during his time on The Only Way Is Essex with Chloe Sims. He appeared between 2010 and 2017

‘I haven’t ever caused any problems. I don’t know why it’s been done to me, the police are investigating and they will get over it and please God they catch them because whoever’s done it is a scumbag.

‘But I promise you this, I’m gonna rebuild it and I’m gonna build it bigger and better than it ever has been and I will do it in time for the summer, because if it’s been done thinking I’m not gonna be open for the summer, I will be open this summer.

‘I’m not going to be able to do it on my own, so if there’s any builders out there, decorators, plumbers, designers with furniture, get in touch because I need help and I want nothing for free, I just need help.’ 

Elliott wrote a lengthy caption alongside the post: ‘So yes my dream has been cruelly taken away from me by some spiteful nasty people, for what ever reason I will probably never know, all that matters really is that I will rebuild and WILL be back… @olivias_la_cala 

‘2021 may be delayed more then we wanted… but we have all waited long enough, a little longer and we will be back with a bang.. I want to thank everyone who has came with offers of help or a simply kind message, I’ve genuinely been touched, including my Spanish community as well as the mayor Josele Gonzalez, you have all been amazing, you realise in time of trouble the people that are there for you…’

Elliott said yesterday morning that it was ‘too soon to say why’ the restaurant had gone up in flames. Officials said there were no causalities.

It comes just weeks after he lost his father Edward Wright, who died at the age of 66 following an eight-week battle with Covid in March.

Elliott, 41, was pictured surveying the scene of the fire in La Cala de Mijas near Fuengirola today as emergency services confirmed the restaurant was unlikely to open again this month due to the amount of damage. 

Businesses have been severely hit in the Costa del Sol resort amid a lack of tourism caused by coronavirus pandemic. According to Olive Press, unions earlier this month claimed 50 per cent of businesses – some 15,000 firms – have had to permanently shut in the resort after failing to cope during lockdown. 

Elliott, who appeared in The Only Way is Essex between 2010 and 2017, insisted today he would rise from the ordeal of seeing his dream restaurant go up in flames and would ‘never be beaten.’

In his first comments on the fire, he said: ‘So I will get this out there as no doubt this news will spread fast… unfortunately it’s with regret that @olivias_la_cala had a fire in the early hours of this morning… 

Jess Wright, Mark Wright

James Argent

Jessica and James Wright, left, and James Argent, right, have visited the restaurant  

TOWIE stars Jess Wright, Mark Wright, Michelle Keegan, Elliott Wright, Sadie Stuart and William Lee-Kemp are pictured at the restaurant in summer 2020

TOWIE stars Jess Wright, Mark Wright, Michelle Keegan, Elliott Wright, Sadie Stuart and William Lee-Kemp are pictured at the restaurant in summer 2020

‘It’s too soon to say why, all that matters is it has. More importantly in life you get tested.. it’s been a very testing couple of years.. especially recently..’

He added: ‘But if you know me, you know I will rise from this.. I will rebuild it big and better then before.. I will never be beaten.’  

Local firefighters confirmed the alarm had been raised around 5.30am.

One said: ‘Eight firemen in three fire engines rushed to the scene along with other emergency responders.

‘The blaze broke out in the entrance of the restaurant and an investigation into how it started is underway but it’s going to take some time to discover what caused it.

‘No-one was inside the restaurant at the time and there were no casualties but there has been extensive damage to the premises.

Elliott Wright (middle) is pictured with his father Edward (right), who died after an eight-week battle with coronavirus

Elliott Wright (middle) is pictured with his father Edward (right), who died after an eight-week battle with coronavirus

‘It’s not going to open today or this week or this month because of the amount of damage there’s been.’ 

It took firefighters nearly two hours to put out the blaze and they were still dampening parts of the eatery down around 9am. 

One of the firemen involved in the operation said afterwards: ‘The blaze broke out in the entrance of the restaurant and an investigation into how it started is underway but it’s going to take some time to discover what caused it. 

‘No-one was inside the restaurant at the time and there were no casualties but there has been extensive damage to the premises. 

‘It’s not going to open today or this week or this month because of the amount of damage there’s been.’ 

Speaking from the scene of the fire after donning safety gear to go inside the burned-out building, Mr Wright added: ‘We don’t yet know why it’s been burnt down. 

‘The awful thing is that it’s happened three weeks before we were due to start earning money after a hard two years. But you know, it’s one of those things and I won’t be beaten. 

‘I’ve built it before and I’m going to rebuild it better.’ Asked what he thought the cause of the fire could be, he said: ‘I’ve no idea. I’ve no idea what started it. 

‘We’re obviously going to investigate that but hopefully we’ll be able to reopen in a month or a couple of months. 

‘I don’t think we’re going to lose this summer. I think we’ll get it open at some point this summer.’ 

Insisting there was no reason to suspect someone had deliberately targeted his eaterie as part of an arson attack, although there is no evidence at this stage to suggest the fire was deliberately started, he added: ‘There’s no problems with anyone locally. I’ve got no enemies. We’ve only ever had good support.  

Grand opening: TOWIE stars past and present attended the opening of the restaurant in 2015

Grand opening: TOWIE stars past and present attended the opening of the restaurant in 2015

‘It might be just one of those unfortunate things. I just wish it had happened in November and not three weeks before we were going to start making money, because then I would have had time to rebuild it and I wouldn’t have lost part of the summer. 

‘But it can’t be helped. It is what it is. I’ve got no idea at the moment how much it will cost to put it right again and how much damage there is.’ 

The latest heartbreak for Elliott happened just five week after his dad died from coronavirus. 

He revealed the tragic news in an Instagram post, saying: ‘It is with heart wrenching regret I have to post this post.

Confirmation: Elliott took to Instagram to confirm the news with the 'unbeaten' star vowing to rebuild the venue 'bigger and better'

Confirmation: Elliott took to Instagram to confirm the news with the ‘unbeaten’ star vowing to rebuild the venue ‘bigger and better’ 

‘My father Edward George Wright passed away peacefully with his family by his side on March 2 after bravely fighting Covid for eight weeks. 

‘For those who knew my father, you know what a great man he was, always smiling, always humble, always happy. 

‘He never moaned and did his best to put a brave smile on. His love for his family is what he will be remembered to all of us, the ultimate family man.’ 

He also called his dad ‘his rock’ and his ‘best friend’ in the emotional tribute. 

Elliott appeared in The Only Way is Essex between 2010 and 2017. In August 2019 singer Jessie J put in a cameo appearance at his Costa del Sol restaurant ahead of her performance at the Starlite festival in Marbella. 

She made her surprise appearance to introduce her friend James Argent for his gig at the eatery before joining the crowd in cheering him through the set. 

Elliot Wright's restaurant Olivia's pictured before the fire that gutted the venue this morning

Elliot Wright’s restaurant Olivia’s pictured before the fire that gutted the venue this morning

Most Related Links :
todayuknews Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button