It’s great fun – that’s how one former winner describes his company’s experience of entering the BristolLive Business Awards.
The Pixel scooped top prize in the Best Tech Business category in 2019 at a lavish ceremony in the Lansdown Suite at Ashton Gate stadium.
Of course, this year’s Blue Chip awards – brought to you by Reach plc, BristolLive and BusinessLive – will look a little different. They return with a virtual format for 2021, and include exciting new categories that reflect the work of companies across the South West during the unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic.
In particular, the innovative Local Business Hero Award gives the public the chance to nominate a local business that has gone above and beyond for the local community throughout the past year.
Stephen Leyton, managing director of The Pixel, believes the awards are well worth entering.
He says: “To compete and get shortlisted is great fun, and if you are lucky enough to win there’s an immense sense of achievement for everyone.
“Many awards we enter are national, and so it was good to enter a local award to generate publicity with Bristol businesses that might not have heard of The Pixel and what we do.”
As a full-service Magento Enterprise Agency offering design, UX, development, testing, integration, support and hosting services for e-commerce merchants., The Pixel has been a tower of strength for its clients over the past year.
Stephen says: “As a Magento e-commmerce agency we’ve been incredibly busy over the last year, adapting to the situation throughout the pandemic, along with our clients.”
Here’s how to get involved
For the chance to showcase your company in the BristolLive Business Awards 2021 simply CLICK HERE
- There are 10 categories overall (see below), with nine that a business or individual can enter – and a Business Person of the Year award to be picked by judges from the other winners.
- The awards will be held on June 16, with nominations open until May 12. Tickets to attend the virtual awards are free. Contact [email protected] to register.
- If you feel that you or your business have accomplished something truly noteworthy in the last year, enter at www.thebristolbusinessawards.co.uk
- If you, or your business would like to be a bigger part of our awards we do have some sponsorship opportunities available. Interested? Contact Nikki at [email protected] or 0116 366 5126 for further information.
The full list of categories is as follows:
Start-up Business of the Year
SME Business of the Year
Large Business of the Year
Black-owned Business Person of the Year
Innovation Award Sponsored by Amazon
Best place to Work
Lifetime Achievement Award
Local Business Hero
Business in the Face of Adversity
Environmental Contribution Award Sponsored by The Bristol Hotel
Business Person of the Year
- To submit themselves for consideration, entrants will need to answer questions on why they feel they should be considered. To check the criteria, or for more information on the awards, visit www.thebristolbusinessawards.co.uk